Here’s something I find interesting… People who call themselves runners when all they’re really doing is jogging. There’s a HUGE difference between running and jogging. Night and DAY.
When one jogs you can carry on a lovely conversation, one doesn’t necessarily sweat, and one tends to get passed by runners. Here’s an example of what jogging looks like on a workout machine; A Television show can easily be watched, a book/magazine read, or my personal favorite – a conversation on a cell phone or a text-o-thon. Listen, that’s fine and dandy if one wants to kill two birds with one stone, but it ain’t really workin out… And people who call that working out are missing the point.
I see these same people tell their friends what a great “workout” they had at the gym and then proceed to reward themselves with the breadbasket at dinner. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that wasn’t even a workout… They hardly burned off one roll let alone a basket full of’em.
FACT: Going on a machine and just movin for 30mins is not going to cutt it. I’m sorry.
Let’s talk about what working out it is… Not the miracle workout, not the workout that’s going save you so you never have to workout again. Lets talk reality, because we all live in the real world right?
People that have extraordinary bodies that you admire… Go talk to them, seriously. These people know that there’s no magic pill, no miracle workout. These people get their asses outta of bed and run until they’re going to throw-up, they work out HARD. These people have trained themselves to enjoy that. These people don’t eat the breadbasket… They are disciplined and work for those bodies.
AAAaannnndddd the ones that don’t work out and don’t choose healthy life styles BUT still look freakin great on the OUTSIDE… As fitness professional I shouldn’t say this… but I care. Those people sadly mainly women are barely eating enough to survive. Those women consider a soy latte a meal, those women are not very happy on the inside…. For them it’s not a lot of fun to be alone or to have to look at themselves in the mirror. I’d RATHER bust my butt in the gym then be like them any day.
Please STOP comparing yourself to women who are miserable… pppleeasseeee. Sometimes looking good isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, my idea of what looking good is involves feeling good too. IF you don’t feel good what’s the point?
There’s a small percentage of about 5 on the planet that don’t have to worry about working out or eating right… Most people no matter what they tell you do one or the other – Workout (TRULY Workout) or don’t eat.
I’m going to give you my Top 5 tips for a REAL Workout… One that will give you the body you deserve.
1. You can not read a magazine article while you’re doing a workout that’s real.
2. You should want to be wearing short sleeves or shorts, if you’re comfortable wearing long pants or a sweatshirt it better be freezing because you need to be able to move. YOU gotta move to get results.
3. Sweating is key… Everyone sweats. You need to get your body moving to a point where you need a towel.
4. You should feel your body… When you put your hand on your chest you should be able to feel your heart beating through your skin. If you don’t feel your heart beating rapidly at one point during your workout it wasn’t a GREAT workout that gets mmaaajjorrr results.
5. I truly believe a workout that gets results involves a point where you question if you want to go on any longer. If it’s easy/breezy the entire time you’re not giving what you need to give to get the results you want.
This workout is about a SEXY body… losing those extra 5, 10, 20, 30, whatever pounds. There‘s a time and a place for Yoga and Pilates but those two workouts will NOT get you a tight piece of ass you are looking for… YUP, you heard it here first.
Madonna worked her ass off before she considered yoga… That woman does 1 hour of yoga and 15 hours of dancing and taking over the world. That woman never stops.
I want you all to have the body of your dreams… I’m going to talk about my cardio workout in the next week. Know that anything worth having isn’t easy, if it were easy it wouldn’t be worth it.
How does that make you feel?