There was a point in my life about 5 years ago when I looked in the mirror and I couldn’t recognize myself. I saw sadness in my eyes… I knew that if I didn’t do something quick it wasn’t going to be pretty.
I was 40lbs over weight and I felt miserable, disgusting, unlovable, and gross. It was in that moment that I decided I was DONE. That I would do whatever it took to turn my life around. I decided I was going to do a mind-body transformation. I was tired of the excuses… I wanted to make a change.
I’m going to tell you The 5 Keys that added Magic to my Workout that helped me to lose the first 20lbs… I believe these Keys are what created the momentum to get me where I am physically today.
The 5 Keys to The Treadmill Workout
- VISUALIZATION – I wanted desperately to be a one of the Top Fitness Professionals in New York City. At the time I didn’t have a website or any classes on the Equinox Schedule. When I was on the treadmill I used it to visualize how wonderful it would be to be in a body 40lbs lighter, What it would feel like, How I would move, How people would respond to it, What it would feel like to teach a class to 40 people and inspire them to be the best they could be, I use to visualize how my life would be different and why running on the treadmill was more than a workout.
- IMPORTANT -Have a dream while you’re working out and think about the dream as if it were a reality… It’s proven that your brain doesn’t know the difference between reality and visualization… If you can picture your visions clearly enough I promise you they will happen. Train your brain not only your body
- MUSIC – Every Two weeks I would download new music onto my ipod… Music that I loved. I would look forward to my workouts just to listen to the music. If you need new music ideas join the www.LaceyStoneFitness.com mailing list. Every month I send out 10 HOT songs.
- LOCATION IS KEY – I always picked a treadmill that was in front of a mirror. I looked in that mirror… I looked into my eyes and promised myself that I was going to do this. I saw my body working sooo hard, trying to get to a new level of fitness. I promised my body I wasn’t going to put bad food into it, I wasn’t going to drink lots of alcohol… I was putting all of this effort into my body and my life, all of this SWEAT. My body deserved the pay off. I promised myself that it would happen…. That it was coming. People even asked me what are you doing on that treadmill, why are you killing yourself? My response was… You’ll see
- The WORKOUT – I got a heart rate monitor and I did a 1 hour Treadmill Interval Workout
Do you have any workout Tricks?
Next Blog I’m going to explain how The Treadmill Interval Workout WORKS!